Belgarath/Anduin

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 3 13:58:54 PST 2006

The server *is* indeed just about ready. I've been out of the country
for a few weeks which was not a planned trip.

At this point all there is left to do is some minor tasks like setting
up log file rotation and other such admin stuff. But I may just leave
that for post-deployment. The server can run without those processes
just fine.

I will need to setup a migration plan how to get the dynamic data from
the old server to the new one without desyncs and too much downtime. I'm
not sure yet if it will be easier to do that onsite, as in bring
Belgarath down, setup new server, copy all data, turn on the Internet on
the new server and drive back home. Or do a sync of such data before I
head to the city. That would mean Belg will go offline for a few hours
while I'm in transit. All things considered that may not be such a bad
option.

I'm aiming to head out to the city this coming weekend and take care of
it then.