Belgarath/Anduin

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 09:51:09 PST 2006


Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>> Another month?
>>
>> That is simply too long to wait.
> 
> Well, generally speaking, I agree there, too. I would very much like to
> see something resolved today, if possible. But, given the fact that
> Gerard has been working on the server (we've seen proof of that) and
> that he does seem to intend to get it up and running, it doesn't really
> seem fair for us to just surprise him with this.
> 
> If we set a deadline and give him notice of our intentions (considering
> the upcoming holidays, too) then if and when we make such a move, there
> won't really be any room to say we weren't fair.

I'm torn between two options.  I'd like to see the system upgraded, but
I would also like to move things to get better response.

I think the response problem has to do with reducing the number of
apache clients available.  I just reset it from 10 to 25 to see if we
can get better response times.  Lets see if that helps.

In the meantime, lets discuss exactly what we would do if we moved some
of the load from belgarath to anduin.  We could start by mirroring the
web server files, including trac.  I'm not sure if we want to do svn.  I
know we don't want to do mail.  In any case, nothing should really
become effective until dns is updated.

Randy,
  I've sent you some private emails but never received a response.  They
were sent 12 Nov, 22 Nov, and 1 Dec.  Did you ever get them?

  -- Bruce



More information about the blfs-dev mailing list