Dead Project? (I hope not)

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 19 14:31:15 PDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 06:37:57PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> > I suspect that the 2.6.18 headers will break some packages, but
> >that's only based on what we've had to do for the clfs linux-headers
> >and general comments on lkml from the people doing the header
> >changes.
>
> Interesting.  Is this because of userspace apps incorrectly using kernel
> headers, or is it because the header cleanups have been too aggressive?

 As somebody who used to read lkml before I ever found LFS, how
could I accuse a kernel hacker of a too aggressive cleanup ?  No,
I'm thinking of things like dhcp and strace - I know there have been
several packages that caused the headers script to be changed, but I
don't know which packages, and like most people I only build a small
subset of what is out there, and probably don't use all of what I
build.

Ken