Dead Project? (I hope not)

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 19 10:24:16 PDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 03:26:01PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> >And switches to a newer linux-headers package.
>
> I'm waiting on linux-2.6.18 so we can use a supported upstream
> implementation, rather than rolling our own.  That's been delayed
> somewhat by Linus' recent break.

 I suspect that the 2.6.18 headers will break some packages, but
that's only based on what we've had to do for the clfs linux-headers
and general comments on lkml from the people doing the header
changes.  In so far as LFS is only concerned with x86, and
particularly i686, there will probably be far fewer problems.

Ken