Dead Project? (I hope not)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 23:13:07 PDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Noted that there is some minor trivial updates to CLFS recently, the
> occasional package updates to LFS, and updates to jalfs (which is only
> as good as the [x]LFS books), there really is no development going
> on at all any more within the LFS project.

I'm very much gearing up for another big development run soon. This
summer has been a lot busier than normal for me. More trips and work
projects requiring overtime have cut down my time over the last few
weeks. I'll be getting past a big work deadline next week, and after
one more trip next weekend, I'll be back onto a normal schedule.

Right now I'm fixing up my scripts so I can build the base system the
way I want. Then I'll start pushing in glibc-2.4 on my system and
seeing about getting it into the LFS book. We also need to discuss
BLFS going to release soon. I think a couple weeks of dedicated bug
slaying will really get us close. I've marked a whole bunch of emails
for little fixes that people have submitted as well. I'd like to get
these done soon.

Anyway, I hope it's not dead, either. I think one way to help this
cause is more active recruitment. I can think of a few of people that
make very positive contributions on the mailing lists and in the bugs
that I think could be great editors. If any of the editors want to
talk about this, email me about it.

Hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more dnicholson commits in your email soon.

--
Dan