SSHD Bootscript Suggestion

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 20:54:08 PDT 2006

Nathan Coulson wrote:
> The SSHD tried outputting the -19 to the oom_adj file in /proc before
> it started [My system is a P3 333 [underclocked],  recovering a raid5
> partition].
>
> What about checking for the presence of the file each second, up to 5
> seconds?

Nathan,
  I don't understand the issue.  I don't use raid, but /proc and /var
should be mounted (S70mountfs as a part of rcsysinit.d) long before sshd
(S30 as a part of rcx.d).

  We use the command echo "-16" >/proc/`cat /var/run/sshd.pid`/oom_adj

  Are you saying that there is something about raid5 that returns from
mountfs before the real mount of /var really happens?