A few mistakes in BLFS SVN

Alex Merry alexander.merry at ccc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 9 05:14:11 PDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 11:18:29AM +0000, gabriel batir wrote:
> Another one.
> On the  X Window System Components page it says:
>
> Start X with:
>
> startx
>
> and a basic functional X Window System should be displayed.
>
> Have I done something wrong when I installed Xorg-7.1? Because I do not
> have startx or even xinit on my system.
> The instructions do not say that this command is only for XFree86.

This should be installed by xinit-1.0.2 in Xorg-applications.

Can you do a "which xset" (assuming you have installed which)?

Also, what prefix have you installed Xorg to? If it's /usr, it should
work without a problem. If it's something else, you probably need to
adjust $PATH (have a look at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/postlfs/profile.html)

Alex :-)

--