A few mistakes in BLFS SVN

gabriel batir gbatir at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 04:18:29 PDT 2006

gabriel batir wrote:
> I am currently building Beyond Linux From Scratch - Version svn-20060807
>
> Chapter 3. After LFS Configuration Issues
> Multiple Sound Cards
>
> If the sound card drivers are compiled into the kernel,
> control is via kernel command line parameters in /boot/*grib*/menu.lst.
>
> Chapter 4. Security
>
> Iptables-1.3.5
>
> http://www.iptables.org/files/iptables-1.3.5.tar.bz2 <- this link does not work.
>
> Chapter 11. System Utilities
>
> Zip-2.31
>
> Ftp and http download links do not work anymore. I have found only Zip-2.32.
> ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/src/zip232.tar.gz
> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/src/zip232.tar.gz
>

> If somebody already reported these please ignore.

Another one.
On the  X Window System Components page it says:

Start X with:

startx

and a basic functional X Window System should be displayed.

Have I done something wrong when I installed Xorg-7.1? Because I do not have startx or even xinit on my system.
The instructions do not say that this command is only for XFree86.