LFS 6.2 Released - When will the LFS-6.2 LiveCD be available?

Piet Delaney piet at bluelane.com
Fri Aug 4 13:42:41 PDT 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> The LinuxFromScratch Team is proud to announce the release of LFS-6.2.
>  This is the culmination of effort from a lot of contributors to the
> LFS Project.
>
> The book is available at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.2
> and check the web site for pdf and other types of renderings.
>
> New features include upgrades to 34 packages including
> Linux-2.6.16.27, GCC 4.0.3, and Glibc 2.3.6.  Check the "What's new"
> page for details.

Hi Bruce:

Congratulations on the LFS 6.2 Release!

When will the LFS-6.2 LiveCD be available?

I'm looking for the /etc/rc.d scripts but didn't see them
in the 6.2 Live Repository. I wanted to check out how you/LFS
start the udev 096 code. I tried using the Gentoo script but
had problems. Any chance your environment is set up to tolerate
booting older kernels?

-piet