r6278 - in trunk/BOOK: gnome/add introduction/welcome

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 6 20:06:50 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 08/06/06 19:14 CST:

> Now, I don't have a problem with what you've done. In fact, I like it.
> But, I think this needs to be discussed on blfs-dev. Unless I
> completely missed the discussion before.

I struggled with this. There is no configuration section for this
package and it doesn't fit there to create one. Bottom line is Bruce
said that it is more or less Editor preference where the run-time
dependencies are listed. I felt that where it currently is placed
is the best spot (but of course, because if I felt there was a
better spot it would be there).

CC'ing -dev for any discussion, though right now the project is so
dead (the entire LFS project is what I'm speaking of, only Editors
seem to contribute any longer) that nothing anymore is *discussed*
(note that 'discussed' here is different than mentioned) on the
-dev lists and it is more than anything just the obligation we must
mention it on -dev, though nothing will be/has been discussed here
lately (re: Locale Related Issues thread).

I'm open to suggestions to place the note about the run-time
dependency somewhere else on the page. However, I'll bet a coke
that there is nothing suggested.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.27] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
21:53:00 up 4 days, 23:21, 1 user, load average: 0.14, 0.04, 0.01