Chapter 24. X Window System - visual changes

DJ Lucas blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com
Sun Apr 30 14:30:43 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 04/30/06 15:43 CST:
>

>>Something like:
>>
>>Finally in each section (using proto for an example)
>>
>>cd $XBUILDROOT/proto
>>wget wget -i ../proto.wget
>>
>>for package in *.tar.bz2
>>do
>>  packagedir=`echo $package | sed 's/.tar.bz2//'`
>>  tar -xf $package &&
>>  cd $packagedir &&
>>  ./configure $XORG_CONFIG &&
>>  make install
>>  if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
>>    break #stop the build if the previous command failed
>>  fi
>>  cd .. &&
>>  rm -rf $packagedir
>>done 2>&1 | tee -a ../xorg-proto.log #log the entire loop
>

> But I thought this had been discussed already and that we wouldn't
> completely automate this. I thought it was determined that users
> should figure out for themselves how to automate this. At least
> that was my understanding of the results of the discussion.

Yes, the intention was to provide an example at the top of the page that
automated most sections, but provide text in each section that says
"Execute the following commands for each of your chosen packages:"

ATM, however, the existing pages are so very far from complete...just
sectioned out so that we could see the index.  I'm working on them now.
-- DJ Lucas