Chapter 24. X Window System - visual changes

DJ Lucas blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com
Sun Apr 30 12:27:24 PDT 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
>

>>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/blfs-x7-temp/index.html
>

> Reviewing:
>
> To assist with such a large task, it is strongly recommended to install
> Wget-1.10.2 for downloading the needed files.
>
> change to:
>
> To assist with such a large task, Wget-1.10.2 is strongly recommended
> for downloading the needed files.
>
> "Take a look at _this thread to":  there is an extra space in the link.
>

> There is a blank page "Chapter 25. X Window System Environment"
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/blfs-x7-temp/x/ch25s04.html
>
> I can't find where $XORG_CONFIG is defined/explained.  It looks like the
> section "Setting up the Xorg Build Environment" didn't get included.
>
> More later...
>
>   -- Bruce

Well, I wasn't really concerned with the content of the xorg7 pages
themselves.  There is much, much more to add to them with the division.
  I was more concerned about the visual layout of the index and
combining the post install instrucitons, but thanks for bringing these
up.  I'd have probably missed the extra space in the link and the
corrected text reads better.

As far as the blank pages, I hadn't noticed them earlier.  They appear
in the gnome section as well, but the rendered book only includes the
second and third as far as I can tell...that's odd.  Manuel mentioned
that the dummy files weren't there before, so what was the original hack
for this?  Inline in the chapter file?

-- DJ Lucas