Addressing cyrus-sasl ldapdb circular build

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 30 09:30:27 PDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 01:26:51AM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Wow. I'm sure glad we decided that the Wiki would be the best place
> for this material. I'm wondering how many people actually do the
> stuff Dan does. His work with these packages is *really* cool.
>
> But it sure would be confusing to probably 80%+ (or more, I'm
> guessing) of the BLFS readership. :-)

I do the same thing, but with sql, but always considered it hint
material at best (and I never got around to writing the hint). BTW, Dan,
I've not looked at the wiki yet, but there is a patch to make SASL
understand md5 and sha1 hashed passwords. Even though it's TLS
encryptedm and sql tables are pw-protected, I didn't want the passwords
to be in cleartext anywhere.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch