rp-pppoe

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 08:54:22 PDT 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>> The traffic costs seem to be quite a rip-off.  What is that cost again?
>> What you have above is 10 cents per MB.  If that's the cost, then there
>> is quite an incentive to steal.
>>

> Yes, that's approximately the price. 2.50 RUR per megabyte on the
> "Classic" plan (see http://ekt.usi.ru/home/ek/internet/xdsl/tarif/), and
> 1USD = 27.36 RUR today.

Ugly, really ugly.  At that rate, it seems to be a real drawback to
general usage.  Not to get into politics, but is it a way to restrict
information to the general public?  They certainly are not going to
maximize their income at that rate.

BTW, my cost is about $1 per day for unlimited downloads and uploads.  I
get ~ 140 KBytes/second or more on most downloads.  Uploads are ~25
KBytes/second.  There are other services available that are faster for
slightly more, but I prefer the unrestrictive policies of my current ISP.