rp-pppoe

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Thu Apr 27 22:20:52 PDT 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>>From what I have read, an ISP may want it to integrate with their
> dial-up or is a (cumbersome) way to account for connection time.  You
> have a user id and password.  Why?  Because someone might splice into
> your line?  How silly.

Yes, because such typs of crime are common here. And don't forget: in Russia,
unlimited plans are available to organizations only (or are crippled to
something like "HTTP-only, 128 kbps"). Traffic costs something like $0.1 per
megabyte, and I certainly don't want to end up with a bill exceeding my salary.
That's why the password.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov