rp-pppoe

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 19:19:34 PDT 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Looking at the ppp wiki page, there is a reference to
>>
>> # The plugin comes from the "ppp" package
>> # there's no need to install rp-pppoe
>> plugin rp-pppoe.so
>>
>> If the plugin does indeed come from ppp, are you suggesting that we drop
>> the rp-pppoe page?
>
> Maybe, maybe not. I am suggesting that we _may_ drop the rp-pppoe page
> without losing pppoe connectivity (it only remains to add some
> ppp-on-boot bootscript). Some folks may actually prefer the wizard in
> that package. What sounds wrong to me is that we explain the wizard
> without explaining the pppoe connection setup by hand.

OK, since you say 3.8 works, I can get the statistics from the package
for the book and do that update.

I agree with your comment about explaining the pppoe connection setup by
hand.  I don't think I'm qualified to do that though because I have
never used it.  Are you saying to use the explanation in the ppp wiki
page or something else?