Way Cool for BLFS!

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 27 18:45:52 PDT 2006

Hi all,

There's a package that we have in BLFS, the Sysstat package, that has
done something that is so cool. I personally think it to be one of the
neatest open source things I've seen to date for me.

For BLFS it would be considered just an average thing, I suppose.

Anyway, the Sysstat package has now been in the book for more than a
year. I've been in contact with the maintainer on and off for quite a
while now. Anyway, visiting the Sysstat home page:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sebastien.godard/ I discovered that it has
been revamped completely. It now includes a "documentation" page:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sebastien.godard/documentation.html
which is essentially the BLFS page for Sysstat.

I'm quite proud that the maintainer of a package (one in which I
think is really, really good because I'm a systems guy who has been
using sar stats for 20 years to monitor Unix systems) uses the page
I wrote for his own documentation.

Additionally, there's a link to the BLFS page.

I'm thrilled.

--
Randy

20:37:00 up 33 days, 8:14, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.06, 0.17