rp-pppoe

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Thu Apr 27 18:31:55 PDT 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Looking at the ppp wiki page, there is a reference to
>
> # The plugin comes from the "ppp" package
> # there's no need to install rp-pppoe
> plugin rp-pppoe.so
>
> If the plugin does indeed come from ppp, are you suggesting that we drop
> the rp-pppoe page?

Maybe, maybe not. I am suggesting that we _may_ drop the rp-pppoe page without
losing pppoe connectivity (it only remains to add some ppp-on-boot bootscript).
Some folks may actually prefer the wizard in that package. What sounds wrong to
me is that we explain the wizard without explaining the pppoe connection setup
by hand.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov