Addressing cyrus-sasl ldapdb circular build

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 16:39:41 PDT 2006

On 4/26/06, DJ Lucas <blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com> wrote:

> IIRC, my instructions are much different, but they are also about 18 mos
> old now.  Time for me to build a new mailserver to get current.  But
> anyway, as Randy has already mentioned, this may be confusing for the
> average reader.  Maybe prepend the wiki instructions with something to
> the effect of "If you need these instructions, you already know you do,
> otherwise just ignore them and move on."  I would hope that a reader has
> done his homework already if they are building some complex ldap server
> setup or client auth mechanism.

Yeah, I see how the average reader might be tricked into thinking they
need this.  I thought of some information earlier today that I'll put
in.  Basically, it will spell out that unless you're running a server
which authenticates clients with cyrus-sasl, then you don't need to do
anything with the package.

As for the commands, I just looked at the Makefile and did what it would do.

--
Dan