acpid-1.0.4 compilation fix for GCC-4.0.3

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 06:07:49 PDT 2006

On 4/25/06, julio28 at jumec.jazztel.es <julio28 at jumec.jazztel.es> wrote:

> cc -Wall -Werror -g -DVERSION="\"1.0.4\""   -c -o ud_socket.o ud_socket.c
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> ud_socket.c: In function 'ud_accept':
> ud_socket.c:63: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of 'accept'
> differ in signedness

This is one of the rare builds that has the "Make all warnings into
errors" switch (-Werror).  So, you can just turn off Werror with this
sed:

sed -i 's/-Werror//' Makefile

Or, I found a patch at Fedora that's the same as the one you posted
plus one other diff.  I'm not a programmer, so I can't really say that
it's correct or not.

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/acpid/acpid-1.0.4-warning.patch?rev=1.2&view=markup

> I hope any of you could produce a patch or a sed substitution string for acpid-
> 1.0.4 and include it in the BLFS book, as I think it would be an ideal
> dependency for the HAL package, and in general, for the BLFS system.

I've been thinking about playing around with acpid some more, but
never really got around to it.  However, if you think acpid is really
great and you want to convince the BLFS editors to use it, write a
hint here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/

A lot of the packages in the BLFS book began as hints.

--
Dan