HAL/D-BUS - 1 more time

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 10:17:10 PDT 2006

On 4/25/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> My question is, how is this going to work now in KDE when there is
> no longer the fstab-sync operation to update /etd/fstab? I don't
> want to update HAL/D-BUS and have GNOME work great but KDE
> automounting broken.

FYI, I think how this is handled in KDE is mostly through a module
called kded_mediamanager.  The source seems to use HAL as well as poll
fstab.  All of this stuff is in kdebase/kioslave/media.  There's also
a module called kded_medianotifier that seems to be the dialog you get
as a user.  There's also a binary called kio_media_mounthelper.  I'm
not sure how this fits into the equation.

--
Dan