HAL/D-BUS - 1 more time

William Zhou armageddonmagic at 163.com
Tue Apr 25 08:51:40 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> William Zhou wrote these words on 04/25/06 10:23 CST:
>
>> HAL can be used to do a lot of stuff, even automount.
>
> At the risk of someone coming on and saying I say this a lot, we'll
> just have to A2D on this. Everything I've ever read, and every person
> that claims to develop or have a hand in HAL development says
> otherwise.
>
> I feel it is important to mention things like this as these
> conversations are archived, and I would not want folks to read your
> statement and think it to be fact, without there being at least
> one to cast doubt in your assertion.

Well, I don't mean that HAL should do these sort of thing, there are
other userspace programs out there for these purpose. What I meant
before was HAL can do it even it should not be.

Without trying it yourself, don't just say it can't. Again, I don't mean
it should
either.

Thanks for the comments.

William Zhou