HAL/D-BUS - 1 more time

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 25 06:01:05 PDT 2006

William Zhou wrote these words on 04/25/06 07:36 CST:

> I use Ivman to mount CDs and U drive while HAL/dbus manages the fstab
> setting. Works fine, but I have to umount the U drive manually; cdrom can
> be eject without executing umount. KDE founds the device and mount it
> too. But I disabled it as I don't like the function.
>
> Is this what you want?

Thanks for your comments to get the ball rolling. However, it is not
so much what *I* want, it is more about what the folks who build BLFS
will expect. I must admit that I am confused by your comments. Could
you provide the versions of HAL and D-BUS you have installed?

You may also want to explain what a U drive is as well for dummies
like me.

--
Randy

07:58:00 up 30 days, 19:35, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.04, 0.08