Fortran compiler

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:02:31 PDT 2006

On 4/24/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 04/22/06 12:45 CST:
>
> > We have GCC-3.3.6 in the book. This would probably be adequate, but
> > I'm wondering if we shouldn't add GCC-3.4.6 to the book,
>
> I just couldn't get excited about adding another version of GCC to
> the book.

I meant to reply before, but got sidetracked.  Wiki sounds fine to me.
 I don't think there are many people using the Fortran compiler.  I'm
curious, though.  Why do we have 3.3.6 in the book?  Also, which gcc
version provides libstdc++.so.5?  Whoops, maybe I should look at the
book.  I agree with your Wiki pointing completely now.  I was going to
suggest replacing 3.3.6 with 3.4.6, but that wouldn't work.

--
Dan