Updating ALSA

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 21 02:26:30 PDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 10:38:54PM +0100, Andrew Benton wrote:
> Two other things which are OSS only are the proprietary binaries
> (Firefox plugins), macromedia Flash and Realplayer. I miss them, but not
> enough to make me want to compile OSS (I get better sound quality if I
> keep things ALSA only).

 I don't know about flash, but I'm listening to an RP feed at the
moment over alsa - on the alsa menu of menuconfig, I select OSS Mixer
API, OSS PCM API, OSS Sequencer API (unsure if they are all needed).

 Under Open Sound System do not select anything.  Config fragments
(from 2.6.17-rc2) follow.

Ken

#
# Sound