Editing Questions

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Wed Apr 19 14:50:26 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> I have a few questions for the editors:
>
> 1. The date of the book is relative to GMT (UTC0), correct?

Roughly.  The book renders at 0200 Central US time.  The date of the
book is really not critical. Off by one day is not a major problem.  It
will get fixed the next day.  :)

> 2. How do I add a patch to the blfs/svn repo?  I added a patch for
> udftools to the main patches trunk, but I don't know how to make it
> available in &patch-root;.

Checkout the patches svn repository.  Then you should be able to check
in patches.  If you don't have the perms, I can fix that, but have to
leave for class.  Will be back about 11PM Central time.

> 3. I'm going to add tin and remove slrn.  Bruce suggested commenting
> out slrn in case it's added back.  What would go into the commenting?
> Presumably, I would comment out the <xi:include> in
> basicnet/mailnews/mailnews.xml.

Yes.

Would I also comment out the
> slrn-version entity in general.ent?

Not necessary, but helpful to send a clue that the package is not in the
book any more.

I don't think slrn is referenced