Gcc-4.1

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 08:35:37 PDT 2006

On 4/17/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> Andrew Benton wrote:
>
> > But that's all that went wrong in BLFS. The main bustage was in LFS.
> > Groff-1.18.1.1 wouldn't compile with gcc-4.1 and I've not (yet) found a
> > fix, so I used groff-1.19.2 instead (without the internationalisation
> > support patch). I'm not sure what to do about that yet.
>
> There was a solution posted to lfs-dev:
> http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2006-March/056141.html

Hmm.  Well, my knowledge of C++ isn't strong enough to say that's the
right idea or not.  However, fedora is using the same patch, so it
seems safe:

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/groff/groff-1.18.1.1-gcc41.patch?view=markup

Way to go Thomas on that one.  Probably could be accomplished with an
sed, but who knows.

--
Dan