Gcc-4.1

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Apr 17 07:49:37 PDT 2006

Hello World!

I've just rebuilt with gcc-4.1 and I was pleasantly surprised how
painless it was.

Aspell-0.60.4 needed a sed

sed -i 's,NroffFilter::process_char ,process_char ,' \
     modules/filter/nroff.cpp

And so did OpenSP-1.5.1 (along with the usual patches)

sed -i 's,InternalInputSource::,,' include/InternalInputSource.h

But that's all that went wrong in BLFS. The main bustage was in LFS.
Groff-1.18.1.1 wouldn't compile with gcc-4.1 and I've not (yet) found a
fix, so I used groff-1.19.2 instead (without the internationalisation
support patch). I'm not sure what to do about that yet.

Andy