koffice and kde menus

Christoph Berg Christoph.Berg at kpm-sport.de
Sat Apr 15 14:57:45 PDT 2006

I think, you need desktop-file-utils, when you want to use the
--sysconfdir=/etc/kde switch, but I'm not 100% sure. I had the same problem
before and I solved it by rebuilding KDE without the --sysconfdir switch.

But I only experienced that on my laptop, where I previously had installed
XFCE.

The other possible solution might be, to add  the /etc/kde/xdg dir to the
XDG_DATA_DIRS and XDG_CONFIG_DIRS environment variable.

Fine regards,
  Christoph Berg