User Notes - Let's Make Something Happen

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 15 14:48:17 PDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 04:26:20PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> In general, I would like to see MixedCase.

 In general, I loathe StudlyCapitals, for some reason I associate
them with the so-called Hungarian naming, perhaps because both look
equally weird to me.  But, I've long since given up trying to
understand the capitalization in the book, I just accept it, so it
doesn't matter too much to me beyond registering another +1 for
lowercase ;)

> In adding new pages, it will be up to the original author to decide the
> name of the user notes page and create that page.

 Would it make sense to create empty pages (where they don't already
exist) whenever a package is updated or added ?  Or even to just
create all the missing ones now ?  The obvious downside is that
users meeting the book for the first time will at the moment hit a
mass of empty pages if they follow the links, the upside is that
people don't have to ask for the page to be created.

Ken