KDE requirements and dependencies page

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Sat Apr 15 09:55:37 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm thinking of installing kde 3.5.2, and while perusing the kde.org
website I found this page:

http://kde.org/info/requirements/3.5.php

It's very useful: it lists all dependencies, whether they're required,
recommended, or optional, and exactly what effect the package has on
KDE's behavior.

I know the BLFS KDE page lists mostly the same packages; it is the
explanation of exactly what the dependency is needed for which I found
very interesting and useful.

This is information that goes well beyond what BLFS can provide, so my
suggestion is to add a link to that page at the beginning of the KDE
section. At least it should be mentioned in the wiki.

BTW: is there a way I can add it to the wiki myself? I've created an
account but I don't see a way to modify the page.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/