sshd and oom_adj

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 15 07:45:47 PDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 08:25:28AM -0600, Archaic wrote:
> There appears to be a race condition in the new sshd bootscript. The
> first time I ran sshd it complained of /proc//oom_adj not existing. The
> second time it said /proc/<previous PID>/oom_adj doesn't exist. Perhaps
> a slight sleep after starting sshd to ensure the pid file is
> created/updated before. Or maybe use pidof or something. I'll test it
> out in a few.

This this *one* box that I've tried it on:

sleep 0.1 wasn't enough
sleep 0.2 wasn't enough
sleep 0.3 worked (only tested on *one* boot)

And wouldn't you know it would be an older box with 2 SCSI controllers
and 4 SCSI disks. Bloddy beast takes ages to reboot. Oh well, I'll
reboot it a couple more times to see if sleep 0.3 is consistant.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs