Nano locale issues

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 11:18:47 PDT 2006

On 4/12/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson write:
>
> > Referencing ticket 1827
> > (http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/1827), I was hoping for
> > some review on a commit to put a link to Locale Related Issues for
> > Nano-1.2.5.  On the Locale page, there's simply a link to the 1.3.11
> > tarball with the information that the build instructions are the same.
> >  Any suggestions are welcome.  The text is really redundant right now.
>
> Not really a suggestion, but I think that the whole idea of the "locale related
> issues" page failed. The Wiki contains a lot of candidate information for this
> page, and the process of its addition is too slow.

Alexander,

I've decided that since I've already added this info to the Locale
Issues page, I will leave the link as it is in the diff in my initial
post.  My thinking is that anything in the book supercedes the Wiki
since the User Notes are not necessarily endorsed by the editors.  If
this situation arises again, I will point to the Wiki until we prepare
for release.  At that time, I will confirm the User Notes and add them
to the Locale Related Issues page or the specific package page.

I'm committing this now.  If any of the editors have a strong feeling
about the line of action I described, please speak up.

--
Dan