user notes

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 11:10:35 PDT 2006

On 4/14/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Another thing is that some of the pages that have been created, such
> as the page for the a2ps package, are created without any rhyme or
> reason on how the name was chosen.
>
> For example, the a2ps package has a page already created named 'A2PS'.
> All capitalized. Of course, nowhere in the XML or anywhere else is
> a2ps referenced all capitalized, yet the Wiki page was created like
> this. There would be no way of knowing how the pages are named.

I think the idea is that the Wiki is following the conventional
behavior of putting wiki links with mixed-case proper name, like
OpenSSL.  We could probably switch to one of two conventions:

1.  Always use the proper package name, as listed upstream.  This is
what we do in the <application> tags in the book.

2.  Use the package id as in the book, as it's referenced with <xref>.

--
Dan