Ticket Cleanup (Perl Modules discussion)

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 13 17:34:36 PDT 2006

Justin R. Knierim wrote these words on 04/13/06 19:17 CST:

> Wow, I never noticed before, but did you notice that the link in the 6.1
> book here:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/6.1/general/perl-modules.html
>
> Actually points to the SVN directory?
>
> ftp://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/BLFS/SVN/Perl_Modules/Perl_Modules.gz.md5sums

That has since been fixed in the SVN book by creating entities for the
anduin ftp, http and files directories. Hopefully, I also updated all
the spots in the book to actually use the entities as well. I vaguely
remember grepping the xml files for this, but I suppose I should check
again.

As far as the 6.1 book being broken pointing to the SVN area, ....

oops! :-)

Okay, I snipped everything about the hassle to update the md5sums
and I'll go on the pretense that we'll keep on doing it. I'll check
the existing md5sum file and re-enable the link to it in the Perl
Modules page and close the bug.

This doesn't address the broken 6.1 book, but it puts SVN back on
track.

I suppose we need to address the 6.1 issue, but I'm not all that
excited about worrying about it. I can't imagine using the BLFS-6.1
book. Or anyone else using it for that matter. It would be so
antiquated.

<brokenrecord>We need to start updating LFS/BLFS more often. It
seems that so quickly, the books are outdated, and new readers
would *never* know to use SVN books.</brokenrecord>

--
Randy

19:26:00 up 19 days, 7:03, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.16, 0.11