Enscript Security Patch

David Fix mkednmr02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Apr 13 07:22:47 PDT 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 10:59:42AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>> Do you have cygwin installed?  If so, you could test this behavior.
>>> BTW, this is a standard feature of a ftp transfer in ascii mode.
>>> Been around for years before Windows.
>>
>> Yes, I believe I have cygwin. What did you want me to do?
>
> You could try downloading a known unix formated txt file and run
> 'file' on it or use vi.  vi -b filename to do a binary edit and see
> the return chars, if any, in the file.  They would show up as ~M.
> You can fix with:
>
> :% s/\r//
>
>   -- Bruce

<plug>If you use Windows, there's a really nice text editor (available for
Linux also), that's called EditPad Lite...  It's free.  It does all sorts of
nice stuff, including having a function for saving in DOS or Unix format.
:)  Check it out:  http://editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html.  If you like it,
there's a pro version with a few more features that's really nice too.  :)
However, the free one will do a ton of stuff and make your life easier.
:)</plug>

	Dave