Nano locale issues

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 21:41:01 PDT 2006

On 4/12/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > You're probably right about that.  What does everyone think about
> > this?  My thoughts are that pointing to the Wiki is good for stopgap
> > solutions like suggesting upgrading a version.  However, if the book
> > was to be released, we'd want to put that information on the Locale
> > Related Issues so that information was contained within the book.
>
> Which of the following types of notes are considered stopgap solutions? What's
> the proper place for each one in the released book (one of: the main package
> page, Locale-Related Issues page, Wiki)?

My fault.  I misworded that entirely.  I believe that as many fixes as
possible should go in the released book.  Whether this is in the
application page or Locale Issues page can be decided.  Since we are
editing the SVN book right now, it makes sense to put the fixes in the
Wiki.  However, when a released book is made, I believe it should be
as contained as possible.

To answer your question about specifics, I don't know which ones are
stopgap solutions.  That was a poor choice of words.  All of the
situations you described in the previous mail sound important enough
to me to be in the book when it is released.

So, I'll rephrase my suggestion.  I think that all of the Locale
Related Issues should be addressed in the Wiki until we begin release
planning.  At that time, I believe all of these issues should be
addressed in the book.  That can be on the application's page or in
the Locale Related Issues page.

--
Dan