slrn S-Lang2 fixes - patch or development snapshot?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 21:34:51 PDT 2006

I'm testing this again now.  Implementation seems incomplete.

On 4/5/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson пишет:
>
> Does this include the following?
>
> 1) the ability to view Russian translation of "wrote" at the top of this message

The word comes out correctly, but there's garbage following the colon (:).

> 2) the ability to delete this word

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  The only way I can think to edit
a posted article is to followup.  It uses EDITOR for this, in my case
nano.

> 3) the ability to accept non-ASCII input (by copying-and-pasting), including the
> subgect line

This seemed to work.  The group and subject went posting a new article
seems to be one of the few places to enter text.

> 4) correct wrapping of mostly-non-ASCII lines

Can't tell, but it seems broken.  Slrn keeps telling me that articles
are unavailable, like this one:

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2006-March/058840.html

> 5) no premature truncation of messages generated by the application itself
> 6) no breakage in the old 8-bit locales, i.e. items 1-5 should work in
> ru_RU.KOI8-R too

Didn't bother with these since above were broken.  I'm gonna try tin now.

--
Dan