Enscript Security Patch

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 07:33:24 PDT 2006

On 4/12/06, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Actually, this is probably wholly my fault, and not Trac. Yesterday I
> did this on my work desktop, which is sadly, Windows. So I had
> downloaded the patch Alexander sent to my Windows box and then uploaded
> it from there. I know Windows likes to use different conventions than
> Unix, especially with newlines - I'm thinking that even though I didn't
> edit the file manually, that perhaps Windows, seeing it was a text file,
> saved it in its own format when it saved the attachment.

Don't feel bad. :)  When I was trying to upload the compressdoc
script, I happened to be on a Windows machine (two different ones,
actually).  I wasn't even doing any editing, just scp to me, email to
Justin.  Somehow, it ended up with the CR+LF line endings.  Twice!  I
still don't know how it happened.

--
Dan