Enscript Security Patch

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 12 07:10:09 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Apparently, uploading patches to Trac causes a change in the line
> ending characters (cr, lf chars). After downloading the patch from
> Trac, and then applying it, there are messages about it having to
> strip cr/lf chars from the patch. This doesn't happen applying the
> one Alexander sent me.

Actually, this is probably wholly my fault, and not Trac. Yesterday I
did this on my work desktop, which is sadly, Windows. So I had
downloaded the patch Alexander sent to my Windows box and then uploaded
it from there. I know Windows likes to use different conventions than
Unix, especially with newlines - I'm thinking that even though I didn't
edit the file manually, that perhaps Windows, seeing it was a text file,
saved it in its own format when it saved the attachment.

I know the above is just a guess and not very technically accurate. So,
I'll probably do a test here soon with a fake ticket to see if that is
indeed the case.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks Randy for helping set it straight.

--
JH