Tripwire

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue Apr 11 23:05:53 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 4/11/06, Bruce Dubbs <bdubbs at swbell.net> wrote:
>> 1. Make an MTA required.
>
> I say do this since it's the easiest.  Unless there is an easy way to
> suppress the need for sendmail and people won't inadvertantly install
> tripwire without mail support when they have an MTA.

I found a way.  In fact it was already in the book, but not obvious.  I
am making it very obvious.

The package is still very weak.  It still has the .svn directory in the
release tarball!  I don't think they ever tested the install as it
breaks because they renamed the install directory contrib and broke the
install.

At least they did s/mktemp/mkstemp/g