/dev/bus/usb (was: merging udev_update branch)

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 9 19:07:39 PDT 2006

Ag Hatzim wrote:

> Also I would like to ask from DJ to have a look in the following bug.
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/1680

I'm not sure why this one is directed at me. :-) I've never touched
libusb, but the legacy apps will still require the /proc/bus/usb mount.
  This is not accomplished by a simple symlink, however, this is
definitely a BLFS issue so any additional replies there please.

For LFS, just remove the mention of usbfs on the fstab page, and the
rest falls into BLFS territory, preferably in the libusb page.  Comments
referenced in the ticket suggest that both can coexist, so just add the
rules file and make mention of the old usbfs interface and supply an
example fstab entry on that page.

That sound almost too simple.  Alexander, is there any more to it than
above?

-- DJ Lucas