SQLite and TCL problems

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Sat Apr 8 19:08:57 PDT 2006

* Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> [2006-04-08 20:18]:

Sorry for not being more specific; I was referring to www.sqlite.org.

> Are you certain
> that the library doesn't get installed as:
> /usr/lib/tcl8.4/sqlite3/libtclsqlite3.so ?

Well, the file is there, I somehow missed it :(

I relied on 'make install's output and missed one line, where it calls
tclinstaller.tcl. Also, my mind was set that the lib should end up on
/usr/lib. My mistake.

The documentation on www.sqlite.org is still wrong: it claims the
library will be installed on /usr/lib, and also it gets the name wrong.
I wonder if this merits a note in the book. I'll send a note to
sqlite-users mailing list but somehow I doubt they'll take notice of it.

> It does for me. This is the default installation dir, Perhaps there
> is a switch that can point the installation elsewhere. I will look
> into it.

I haven't found it. What's worse, sqlite doesn't honor --prefix with
respect to libtclsqlite.so. I just installed sqlite with --prefix=/tmp
and libtclsqlite.so just got installed into the usual location. I
believe that, unless we can find a workaround, this behavior does merit
a mention in the book.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/