SQLite and TCL problems

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Sat Apr 8 17:40:49 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to install SQLite, and found the procedure to be a bit less
than trivial. It seems that there was some discussion about adding it to
the book but it doesn't look like it happened:

http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2005-September/011346.html

Anyway, the feature I'm looking for is the TCL bindings. So far, the
instructions on the website are contradictory to what I've found, and the
sqlite mailing list has been less than helpful. I'm asking here to see
if anyone has any experience with my problem.

* the website claims I'll have a file called /usr/lib/tclsqlite3.so
  after installation. It doesn't happen.
* I _do_ end up with a file called .libs/libtclsqlite3.so inside the
  build directory, though. This file can be loaded from inside tclsh and
  it _seems_ to be what the website refers to as tclsqlite3.so.
* after manually installing libtclsqlite3.so (and related symlinks) all seems
  to be good.

Does anyone know more than I do about what is going on?

In any case, if the editors want to add the package to the book, I'll be
happy to share my build script (actually a makefile) to at least work
around the limitations of sqlite's install script. For all its coolness,
sqlite's build process seems a bit unpolished.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/