PAM (from D-Bus/HAL discussion)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 10:48:54 PDT 2006

On 4/8/06, Jürg Billeter <j at bitron.ch> wrote:

> Ah, you're talking about mounting on demand, I don't call that
> automounting as it can be misleading. So as recap, what I call
> automounting is: plug in your usb stick, do nothing, stick gets mounted
> (optionally window appears with content). You call automounting: plug in
> your usb stick, click in file manager on device, file manager mounts
> stick. Is this interpretation right?

<Light goes on>  Yes!  I'm glad you put those words out there because
in my mind I didn't know how to separate the two situations.  Anyway,
I hopefully will have gnome-volume-manager and gnome-mount installed
by this afternoon to see what all the fuss is about.  I've had high
expectations, so hopefully it's not disappointing.

--
Dan