PAM (from D-Bus/HAL discussion)

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Apr 8 07:31:21 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> But you never answered my question, what did you do to get inotify to
> work on a stock LFS system. It is becoming clear to me now, but how
> you're getting inotify to work is still a mystery to me.

I didn't answer because I would just have been repeating what Dan said.
I'm not using a `stock' LFS system, I built this system with the headers
from the 2.6.16 kernel, Gnome VFS checks the kernel headers for inotify

checking linux/inotify.h usability... yes
checking linux/inotify.h presence... yes
checking for linux/inotify.h... yes
checking sys/inotify.h usability... yes
checking sys/inotify.h presence... yes
checking for sys/inotify.h... yes