Xorg 7 - various comments

Ag Hatzim zkom.xl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 01:32:10 PDT 2006

DJ Lucas(dj at linuxfromscratch.org)@Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 11:12:16PM -0500:

> Unfortunately, directing at the package user doesn't necessarely cover
> users who use DESTDIR or similar.

Hi DJ.

I am running make as a user and no matter if i run the make install as
root or with sudo,Xorg server isn't installed SUID root,as it should.

I would like to know if this is reproducable from others,just to satisfy
my curiosity.

Here is the relevant part of my log.
test -z "/usr/bin" || mkdir -p -- "/usr/bin"
  /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c 'Xorg'
  '/usr/bin/Xorg'
  /usr/bin/install -c Xorg /usr/bin/Xorg
  (cd /usr/bin && rm -f X && ln -s Xorg X)