Xorg 7 - various comments

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 7 21:12:16 PDT 2006

Ag Hatzim wrote:

> However you can build the xorg distribution in a temp directory and then you can
> copy it to /[where/you/like].

Well, I don't see that another note is fit for the book since the
problem is caused by deviating from the book's instructions.  However,
this is perfect wiki material.

For those using alternate installation methods, such as the package user
hint, I can imagine how valuable the wiki will become if it's updated
everytime somebody runs into problems.  Wiki is just easy after you've
used it once or twice.  Maybe the current pakcage user hint maintainer
can update the hint with a special note recommending it's use?
Unfortunately, directing at the package user doesn't necessarely cover
users who use DESTDIR or similar.

-- DJ Lucas