problem starting gnome 2.12.2

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 7 17:35:42 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 19:33 +0300, Ag Hatzim wrote:
>
> Pulling out 7.0 would only be for the special case of doing a release
> here shortly. Everyone agrees (or, rephrasing, there have been many
> reports) that the 7.0 build instructions are confusing and need to
> be broken up. If we were to release something soon, I think it would
> call for a freeze immediately. It's my opinion that the current
> instructions for 7.0 are net yet mature enough to release.
>
> The amount of recent support questions backs up my assertion.

Yes, the _pages_ must be rewritten and no there is no way that Xorg-7.0
is anywhere near ready for a quick release.  Ag's suggestion of 10
pages, seems most sensible here, even though it doesn't follow the X
developers' logical package types.  I've disliked that layout since the
first change made after the initial commit, and my dislike has only
grown.  I recently tried to organize and clarify it a bit better, but
it's just not working for me.

-- DJ Lucas