PAM (from D-Bus/HAL discussion)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 16:32:13 PDT 2006

On 4/7/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 19:19 -0400, Joe Ciccone wrote:
>
> > A lot of the packages don't *require* build and function, Building
> > without dbus/hal can greatly cut the features down a but, eg. gnome/kde
> > without hal basicly means no volume management. etc...
>
> This is exactly opposite, 180 degrees different than what others are
> saying. Or do I not interpret what you mean by "volume management"
> correctly?

Randy,

I'm going through ssh right now, so no local web access.  In the
gnome-vfs tarball is a variety of docs having to deal with volumes.
Maybe you could have a look at doc/html/volumes.html?  I think it's
installed in share/gtk-doc/html/gnome-vfs-2.0/volumes.html.  Maybe
that would shed some light on the situation.

--
Dan